Quote of the day:

"If you're going to walk on water, make sure you wear comfortable shoes"
-Alex Turner

Tuesday, 16 September 2014

My Evening Skincare Routine - The Products

My top 5 daily night skincare products


Welcome back to this weeks post! I am pants at timing my blog so this week there will be a bumper edition of post, chatting you through my night time regimes (face/body). Today, dear reader, it is all about the face!
Something to note is that I have a combination skin type, its not my t-zone that is oily its my chin and underneath my eyes...how strange, but the rest of me is decidedly dry so I struggle with skincare because I find my face requires two different types of moisturisers, until I discovered my first pick: The No7 normal/oily day cream (that I naughtily use both morning and night.)

No7 Normal Oily Day Cream

The consitency of this is just lovely, it is very nourishing on the skin yet lightweight, non greasy and sinks in immediately, I use it every morning under my makeup and once I take all my makeup off at night it is the one thing I cannot go without.
Do not confuse oily skin with not needing a moisturiser, infact it is often the skintype that most needs to be nourished as (and I am guilty) it regularily gets stripped by anti-blemish gels etc. aslong as you get a moisturiser with zinc (oil control) y'all be fine!

No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser


STEP 1: Cleanse. I am a lazy make-up remover..erer so I choose hot cloth cleansers (I previously used Liz Earle but I am currently trying out No7 - Liz Earle smells better and is slightly more exfoliating? But No7 is still really good and does the job). I do this step either in the shower, just apply onto my dry makeup'ed skin and rub in, run the hot water tap, pop the muslin cloth underneath and voila panda eyes to squeaky clean.


Garnier Essential Soothing Eye Make-up Remover

 STEP 2: Removing that pesky eye makeup. Eventhough I have just cleansed with the hot cloth my lashes refuse to budge so I used the Garnier 'Soothing Eye Make-up Remover' with a cotton pad just to get the last mascara and eyeliner off the sensitive eye area that I didn't want to rub with the hot cloth.

Botanics Clay Mask

 STEP 3: The Mask. This is something that I use every other night so I've included it in my nightly routine because, unlike an exfoliant that I use weekly it is a regular. This one by Botanics is perfect for open pores (a classic sign on my combi-skin) and I feel like it just lifts everything out of my pores and all the dust from the day goes, leaving my skin SUPER soft. Plus I love how it feels as it dries on the face...
I was actually recommended this by a customer so thank you as its really inexpensive and works a treat.

The Body Shop Serum for Blemished Skin

STEP 4: The Serum Step. I have only recently introduced this into my regime as the blemishes I have had in the past leave little red patches on my face, unnoticable with makeup but without they bother me and I always look to prevent/treat rather than cover. This serum is very light weight, smells lovely and is kind to my skin.
*I will do a proper review of it once it has been in my regime for a few months

FINALLY its back to my moisturiser, like I said I use the Day Cream in the Night just for convienience, No7 is all hypoallergenic and super light weight but most importantly skin type specific range so I never wake up in the morning greasier than when I went to bed! After having this in my regime for a long time I have noticed an improvement in my skin and a lessening in the number of blemishes, possibly down to the zinc and witchhazel in this product.


And there we have it, a run down of my skincare regime! Tomorrow there will be a night time bodycare regime ft. my favourite products that I have loved for ages and one that is the cheapest and most effective product I have ever used! Stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment