Quote of the day:

"If you're going to walk on water, make sure you wear comfortable shoes"
-Alex Turner

Saturday, 26 July 2014

'My First Love' Sun, Sun, Sun.

So the weather is gorgeous and to celebrate I'm going to dedicate my first blog post to Sun care, protection and my favorite 'must haves' to enjoy the sun!
I am naturally a milk bottle, blonde hair, freckles - I am a few rays of sun from becoming crispy bacon so this is a category I have a lot of experience in! I still love to tan but I know the sun is the number one cause of premature skin ageing and with this and the pain of sunburn in my mind here are my summer skincare scorchers.

For the face...
I go for this No7 Protect and Perfect 'Intense' Facial Sun Protection in SPF 30
I love this because it has anti-ageing in it along with a 5* UVA rating (those rays are the ones that cause melanoma and skin ageing!) and it is also hypo-allergenic which means its tested against all known allergies to prove it won't irritate the skin...perfect!
It smells nice, absorbs easily and at £14 it is not too pricey either so all in all I really love this product.




For the body...
I choose this gorgeous Piz Buin 'Tan and Protect: Tan Accelerating Sun Lotion' in SPF 15.
As I mentioned in my intro I am PALE so when I get the chance to tan I make the most of it! This cream has Medium UVA and UVB protection and it moisturises as well as protects which prevents the dreaded peel the next day (the leading cause of tan loss). It is water-resistant but I would always reapply after a dip in the sea/pool just for safety! 
It prices at £17.99 so it is a middle of the road price range, bordering on the pricey (BUT!) there is usually an offer on such as buy one get one free...which leads me on to body product numero 2...




This is the Piz Buin Tan and Protect Tan Accelerating Oil Spray in SPF 15.
I find it non-greasy despite it being an oil product but that's probably because my skin drinks it in the heat! It does all of the same things as the Lotion and has a special product called 'Melitan' which enhances natural tanning (Bring it on...). With its 3* UVA rating it isn't as protective as the No7 facial sun protection but I find my body is less prone to burns than my face and pop a little Face Sun Cream on my chest to protect from that dreaded sun induced wrinkling (and crispy baconing.)
Also £17.99 but FREE with the BOGOF offer! Thanks Boots.



For the recovery...
For my aftersun I choose Hawaiian Tropic 'Silk Hydration and Soothing Aloe Gel' in the Coconut Papaya scent.
Can we just talk about how good this smells. It does. Really good. It also does good, with its ribbon affect it offers '24hrs moisturisation' although I'd say more like a nights worth, the next day my skin is thirsty again after I punish it under the sun! The best thing about this is it actually helps to preserve the tan you work so hard to attain in the 2 weeks of sun you get. It contains Shea Butter with is super hydrating and the Aloe Gel calms the skin, all good things. I <3 this.




The extra...
This was a bit of an impulse buy and now I cannot stop eating it. YES eating it, it tastes so good. But its proper use is a Hawaiian Tropic Lip-gloss in Island Berry with SPF 25 in to protect the lips from dryness, an area of the body I know I always forget to protect. 
**(No-one looks good all golden brown with blisters on the lips, NO holiday romance for you...Goodbye Pedro.)**
I can't say it's done wonders but I've only used it twice so watch this space and maybe it will make it's way back into my blog in a Monthly Favorites!



So that's all for this blog post, happy sunbathing, enjoy the sun safely and I hope these recommendations keep the crispy bacon and leather where they belong. 





1 comment:

  1. Feel free to leave any comments and your own recommendations! Also check out my twitter @LizzieLoveThis

    ReplyDelete