Quote of the day:

"If you're going to walk on water, make sure you wear comfortable shoes"
-Alex Turner

Wednesday, 20 August 2014

My most favorite(est) non beauty item.....ever....

Yes. It's that great. I love this item THAT much and whilst planning this post I was trying to word why I adore it so much, I came up with:

1) It's idiot proof. 
2) You get instant results.
3) It's aesthetically pleasing (this is important to me.)
4) I feel a little more talented than I possibly am.
5) I feel a little cooler when I use it than I possibly am.
6) I can keep the final result, forever!
7) 100% smug satisfaction guaranteed.



It is the Fuji-Film Instax mini and mine is in cheery yellow with a little yellow rope for those 'omgthisissunsetissohipsterletmetakea...oops' moments. I must admit I debated the pro's and con's of owning one for a very long time - constantly adding and removing from my amazon basket and it came down to walking past a camera shop, feeling stuffed and sleepy after a birthday meal and the cheery yellow lured me in and soon enough I was walking out £80 lighter (it came with films!) - they got me when I was weak.



I find for tech purchases, more than beauty/clothing, I need that little extra convincing; maybe because I can't wear it and show all of my friends, maybe because it won't enhance my face/body but I feel this is the one purchase that has enhanced my 'street cred' (hhmmmmrrrphh) - I'm sorry I feel hipster and cool and it compliments my checked shirt and ripped jeans (outfit of the day to follow...).
Could it count as an accessory? Wait and see...



I won't talk you through the flash, the lens, the settings because, frankly, I don't understand them myself. If it's cloudy it flashes 'cloudy', sunny it flashes 'sunny' - it senses it for you; see I said idiot proof... All I know is it does it in yellow cheery style (other colours are available, but why.) 



I bought a Polaroid camera a while ago from someones boot for a fiver and funnily enough that ended as dodgely (not a word recognised by the dictionary - dontcha know) as it started. Despite great initiatives like the Impossible Project film is expensive for the old Polaroid and the one I bought only used film that I could find for £40 and above - for 10 pictures...I would have to start charging the people in my pictures...



Top tip, the Polaroid 300/600 cameras are the cheapest to run and easily tested if you really want to be loyal to the '90s grunge vibe but my advice is NO go to Fuji-Film, let them catch you looking at your Amazon Basket all sleepy and stuffed of food and press that 'Proceed to Checkout' button...you won't regret it.


1 comment:

  1. Fab post! I have the blue one of these and I completely agree with your points haha :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete